Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So Egg-citing




The story goes like this...  I told Jake yesterday morning while we were both getting ready for the day that I was going to introduce eggs to Ethan, to which he replied "How egg-citing!"  And we both laughed.  Only a nerd and his nerd-wife would appreciate a bad joke like this.

Anyhow, it was a wonderful day full of egg-citing things.  For starters, Ethan had some eggs for the first time in his life.  I know they used to recommend parents to hold off until the child is at least one to introduce eggs in their diet but, according to our pediatrician back at Stanford and some reading materials, recent studies have shown that babies with early introduction to eggs are five times less likely to develop egg allergies.  So into the mouth of Ethan the egg went.

Then, the child learned two new tricks.  TWO!  He learned how to wave and how to give high fives.  The two gestures are very similar but he knows to raise his hand and wave when he hears "Hi!" and to put his hand right up to mine when I say "Give mommy a high five."  I think my overreaction of clapping and squealing after he did it for the first time really got things going.

The mini man also gave out lots of kisses yesterday.  In fact, he gave them out every time I asked for one. It was very very sweet.

What's more you ask?  I washed the dishes with one hand.  Amazing?  Oh yeah.  I couldn't really use my left hand because the mini man was sitting in it but that didn't stop me from doing my chores.  For the record, I also wrung a towel with the same hand.  I'm pretty sure that one day I can learn to do anything and everything with one hand like opening a can or washing my hair or opening a can while I wash my hair.

Here's to hoping that today will be an even better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment