Sunday, May 27, 2012

Jessie's Wedding

A good friend of mine got married today and we had the honor to attend the reception.  All day long I had been thinking about Jessie and nostalgically looking back on memories that belong to the two of us.  Some of them weren't very much appreciated in the making, like that one time when the washing machine flooded our apartment in Nanjing where we went on a study abroad.  Or that time when I got so violently sick that she had to basically carry me on her back to the hospital.  She also stayed the night with me sleeping on a flimsy made-in-China plastic chair and the following morning held my IV high in the air outside of the stall while I peed.  I love that girl.  She is one of the kindest people I've ever had the privilege to know, and I am so very happy for her to have found her other half and to be sealed to him for time and for all eternity.  Congratulations, woman!









p.s. If you're reading this, Jessie.  I'm terribly sorry about my handwriting on the card.  Um...  I kinda had to write it while we were on the road.  I had to choose between writing your card or changing a diaper in the car and decided to go with the former.  Please don't estimate the love that I have for you based on the readability of my handwriting on your wedding card.  I do love you very much.

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of this gorgeous wedding! The décor is stunning. My cousin Jessy is also marrying in the next month. It will be spring themed ceremony at the local Chicago party venue. They will have a designer ceremony and have hired a renowned party planner of our city.

    ReplyDelete