Friday, May 18, 2012

Daddy's Home!


Growing up, my father was constantly on business trips.  There was a while when he took my favorite stuffed animal {which was a Winnie the Pooh Bear!} with him on his trips.  He would then take a picture of it in front of a landmark in each city that he traveled through, but he was so busy the pictures were sometimes of Pooh Bear sitting on a window sill of a Hyatt or a Four Seasons or a whatever hotel he was staying at over looking a too-faraway city.  Even though he was on the road a lot, I never felt distant from my father.  I always knew from the bottom of my heart that I was on the top of his priority list but I wondered often, and I still do, how my mother must have felt when he was gone so much.  

This week I got a taste of what it feels like to run a home all by myself and I have to say it wasn't half bad!  When Jake wasn't home, I was extremely efficient.  I couldn't believe it myself but I got a lot more done without the hubby around.  I blame this on his seriously distracting good looks.  Without him to distract me, I had more time to myself after the mini man went to bed.  The glass was half full.

Still, I woke up yesterday morning giddy with excitement and spent more time than usual applying my makeup because our very own daddy was returning home from his trip.



Ethan and I drove to the airport.  When we got there, he started to get fussy and threatened to have a breakdown but Jake was no where to be seen at the arrival terminal.  To divert the baby's concentration on how downright miserable and inhumane it was for him to sit in his carseat all alone in the back, I started doing voices.  I moo-ed like a cow and then baa-ed like sheep.  I was a puppy, a kitty, a monkey, a bird, an ambulance, and a chu chu train.  I was hoping against all hopes that our car was well sound proofed while I was trying to calm my distressed child.  Could you just imagine a business man from Japan calling his wife at home telling her how he had heard a crazy woman roaring like a lion at her child while the baby wailed in the back seat when he was waiting for his pick up on the curb at the airport in America?  We wouldn't want that, would we?

After what seemed like an eternity, our daddy finally walked through the sliding doors which nearly got liquified under my unblinking intense stare.  

We are so glad to have him back.






Unfortunately, he had to go into the office right after he got home.  He did make it up to Ethan though by being the subject of his Permanent Ear and Hair Removal Experiment.



Oh, and here is a picture of Ethan picking out a wood color for our soon-to-be new console table {and perhaps dining table as well!}


No comments:

Post a Comment