Thursday, May 17, 2012

Serendipity


Gosh I love that word.  I like that movie too except for the weird long-haired boyfriend.  Why do they always have to add a weird character to chick flicks?  Like the gross and eccentric roommate in Notting Hill and the fat and creepy neighbor in While You Were Sleeping.

Anyway, that was not the heart of the matter for this post.  Let's start over, shall we?

Here goes it.

Cough.  Cough.

Anyone who has seen my pictures knows that I am no photographer.  I have no idea what half of the buttons on my DSLR do, and because of how utterly clueless I am about photography I even created my own set of vocabulary in order to communicate with Jake and my dad, who both are my photography mentors and equipment suppliers.  Even so, just because I'm no good at it doesn't mean that I can't do it {and then shamelessly post my "work" on the internet}.  I love taking pictures but not as much as I love looking at them.  I used to spend a lot of time looking at professional photographers' pictures.  Send me an email if you ever need to hire a photographer and I will send you a loooooooong list of ones whom I admire.

One of my favorite styles is when the pictures are overexposed, bright and soft, with the object's eyes popping.  You know those pictures.  You've seen them.  Ever since Ethan was born, I have been trying to imitate that style in order to capture the true color of his beautiful blue eyes but to little avail.  Well, I did it on accident today and I was so excited.  Without me knowing, Jake used my camera to take pictures of the sunset two nights ago.  He changed the settings and had forgotten to change them back so when I started taking pictures this morning my camera wasn't working like usual and I thought it very strange but knew that there could only be one explanation.  Just as I was thinking about texting Jake to give him a hard time for messing with my settings, I fumbled with my camera and took these pictures.

Be prepared.  There are half a million of them.







Of course, these pictures are still not very good {and my father will think that they are WAY too overexposed}.  After all, I got them to look this way on accident but I did learn about one more button on my camera and that made me very happy.  Now all I have to learn is "How to Properly Remove Boogers in Photoshop."  Why don't they have an app for that already?  And now you're going to examine my child's nostrils in every picture.  Great.

Also, Ethan had his first real mohawk today.  I have a soft spot for boys with mohawks, especially when said boy is an eight-month-old chubby baby.

















No comments:

Post a Comment