Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Day Off


Since the average annual paid days off for an employee in the United States with under one year of employment is 14 days (according to salary.com), I figured I should get 42 days off every year since I work three eight-hour shifts on a regular day.  It only seems fair.  And so I exercised my right to time off and declared that I wasn't going to make dinner last night.  To my astonishment, no one died from me not cooking and I don't think my kitchen was pining for me either.

So instead of working in the kitchen, Ethan and I went to Costco in the afternoon and bought sushi for dinner.  Our Costco makes fresh sushi everyday.  Do all Costcos sell sushi now or are we just lucky?  The Crunch & Cali Salad Combo is a revelation from heaven.  A sushi chef at the booth started calling me Suzie and insisted that I needed TWO samples instead of one.  I complied very readily.  He then suggested that I come back to the booth for more after I finished eating the samples.  One of the many perks of being Ethan's mother and dragging him along on errands is that people are always extra nice to me.  No doubt it's because they know exactly just how much I am contributing to society by trying to raise my child to be an upright citizen :)


Don't worry, I know you didn't come to my blog to read about my dinner plans.  Here is your daily dose of cuteness from our very own Ethan:



Yesterday he started covering his mouth and laughing out loud all of a sudden.  I couldn't figure out what was so funny and he wouldn't tell me either.  Could someone please tell him it's rude to keep the jokes all to himself?

2 comments:

  1. May be in the process of learning giving BLOW KISS to his Grandmom, he creates his own LAUGH KISS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!! Utah Grandma is waiting for a kiss in person soon.....!

    ReplyDelete