Friday, May 4, 2012

My Man


Today I'd like to write about the man I fell in love with.  This picture is from our wedding luncheon.  It's not our anniversary, though it's coming up in a couple months, but I love looking at our wedding pictures.  They make me smile and give me butterflies.  I was head over heels for Jake and I am still madly in love with him but I don't think I tell him enough just how much I love him.

How do you know if you have married the most wonderful husband on the planet?

It's when he strokes your hair till you fall asleep every night, night after night, just because you like your hair being stroked.  It's when you ask him if he ever gets tired of playing with your hair and he says no it's part of his life to make you happy.  It's when he quietly cleans up dinner and does the dishes even after you've told him that you will do it as soon as you put the child to sleep.  It's when he asks you what he can do to make your day better after he comes home from work.  It's when he thanks you every single night for making dinner.  It's when he volunteers to watch the child while he eats breakfast so that you can take a long, hot shower.  It's when he wears the same piece of underwear two days in a row but decided not to tell you because he doesn't want you to feel bad for having fallen behind on the laundry.  It's when he gets out of bed in the middle of the night and goes downstairs to get you a glass of water because you are thirsty and you dislike drinking water from the bathroom tap.  It's when he thanks you for breastfeeding your child.  It's when he, without murmuring or telling you to hurry it up, holds up a thirty-pound painting against the wall for twelve minutes because you can't decided whether you want it just a little bit to the left or a tiny bit to the right.  It's when he measures out the flour, the peanut butter, and the shortening for you because that's your least favorite thing to do in the kitchen.  It's when he puts away some money every month so that he can buy you your dream purse.  It's when he asks you if you're too cold or too warm in the car.  It's when he buys you a new RAM because you take a million pictures everyday and refuse to delete any of them so your computer is getting slow.  It's when he learns all about Pinterest, Etsy, and Polyvore just because you use them.  It's when, after a bad night for the both of you because of a restless baby, he asks you to please take a nap instead of doing housework while he's at work.  It's when you hear him thank God in his prayers for the chance to be married to you and for your marriage.

Thank you love for being the most wonderful husband on the planet.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. It's a great reminder for me that how wonderful my husband is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful tribute to my wonderful son!...from my wonderful daughter! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete