Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Top 3 Apps as a Mom


Ever since I posted a few pictures of Ethan from our baby monitor a while ago (You know, the post with pictures of him standing in his crib sleeping?), I've gotten a few messages from friends asking me what baby monitor we use so I thought that I would blog about my top three favorite apps as a mom.

My Smart Hands Baby Sign Language Dictionary

I was very set on teaching Ethan baby sign language even before he was born.  I read a few books on the subject and decided that it was something that will benefit our family.  I learned a few basic signs that the books included while I was pregnant but as E got older I realized that I will need to know more than a handful of signs so I got Smart Hands.  I decided to get it because it had the most signs (300) at the time of purchase compared to the other baby sign language apps.  I like how clear the signs and instructions are and how easy it is to look up a word.

Total Baby

I love this app and I would recommend it to every new mother.  I used this app every single day after Ethan was born up until he was about eight months old.  It helped me keep track of every little detail about his life: how much he nursed and for how long on each side, how many diapers he had, how many naps he took and how long each of them were, how many times he woke up in the middle of the night and when was the last time we bathed him, what kind of solids did he eat, etc.  You can look at the summarized timeline and various charts.  It's awesome.  Another great thing about it is that Jake has the app on his phone as well and we can sync our entries so that if Jake changed a diaper when I was napping, it would still go into the log.  I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly (I can sure look it up!) but I think that I spent over a day and a half per week nursing Ethan when he was a newborn.  Crazy I know, but I would never exchange that experience for anything.

Best Baby Monitor

Like the name of the app suggests, this is the best baby monitor ever.  You can see and hear every movement your baby makes.  The downside is that you'll need two devices: one to monitor the baby and one to watch him on.  Luckily we are diehard Apple fans, so that wasn't a problem for us.

So there you have it, my three favorite apps to use for my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment