Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rambling

This is how I have been feeling this past weekend...



We have been shopping for the new home.
When we first got married the idea of us ever owning our own house seemed ten trillion years away.
Well, I guess ten trillion years have passed.  Just like that, in a blink of an eye.
And holy moly.
There are a million things on our to-buy list.
And given how short my resume as a home owner is, I'm sure I'm missing just about another million things and we will find out what they are in due time.
I told you a house is a black hole.
I now testify that what I said earlier is true.

The fact that our to-buy list is as long as Rapunzel's hair isn't the real problem.
I do like to shop, you know.
The real problem is that the number of digits in our bank account is as short as my Asian lashes.
And the growth rate of "Rapunzel's hair" is exponentially higher than my "Asian lashes".

But I view this as a challenge and I aspire to make our home comfortable and beautiful.
The good news is that we have finally decided on and bought a fridge, a chair for my (as of yet unpurchased) computer desk, and a light fixture for our dining table!  
Three things crossed off on our list.  A million minus three to go.

p.s.  I would share pictures of our soon-to-be new dining light fixture with you but the hub would like to keep that piece of information private just in case creeps could find out where we live by googling what light fixture we own, ya know.

2 comments:

  1. oooh i feel your pain. filling up our house has been a long time in the making because of how expensive it is, and i didn't even have to get fixtures or appliances, i just had to furnish it....i'm just now finishing up with everything and we've been here for 9 months almost. good luck and can't wait to see more updates on the new housy, we are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey! I'm thinking that it might take us a couple years until our house can be fully furnished the way we want it. We shall see :)

    ReplyDelete