Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ethan's First Birthday

I do not apologize for how many pictures I'm posting from E's birthday celebration.  It was an exclusive birthday party for close family members only.  E's great aunt Chris flew here to join us; she's the sweetest lady ever.  I would say that the party was a success because I could tell that Ethan enjoyed it and that's the most important thing to me when it comes to birthday parties.  Ethan was a little suspicious when we handed him the cake and he was very well-mannered with it, like always.  He poked at the frosting for at leasat 15 minutes before we got impatient and showed him how a one year old is expected to make a mess.

I honestly couldn't believe that my baby was turning one.  I have survived motherhood for one whole year!  I still haven't slept continuously for eight hours and am starting to suspect that I won't ever sleep for eight straight hours again for the rest of my life.  But giving up sleep and other things was a choice, a choice that I made when I decided to try getting pregnant and it was a choice I will never regret.  I love teaching and taking care of my baby and what I love even more is being loved and needed by him.  

Here are some current facts about my little man who just turned one:

Ten fingers, ten toes, all of them are still attached to his hands and feet.  Eight teeth: four on top, four on bottom.  Straight, brownish blonde hair.  Blue eyes with a hint of green.  He's kind and loving.  He LOVES kids and babies.  Very strong and very brave as well, seldom cries unless he's really hurt.  He's been really partial to his wash cloths lately.  Crawls and climbs stairs like a champion, he is starting to stand without any assistance but isn't walking yet.

Weight: 20 lb. 4 oz. at our last doctor's appointment about a week ago.

Things he LOVES to eat: All kinds of cheese (i.e. cheddar, mozzarella, and manchego), watermelon, blueberries, pineapples, grapes, peaches, mandarin oranges, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, rice, Chinese dumplings, tofu, any Chinese food that his mama makes, and goldfish.

Things he can say: all done, mama, dada, ball, hi, hello (he says "Ha-yo"), bye bye, 姨姨, 婆婆, 包包, and 抱抱.

He can sign: more, all done, milk, and thank you.

Tricks he can do on demand: Click his tongue, stick out his tongue, snore, make a funny face (he scrunches up his noes/face), conduct music (he waves/flaps both of his arms up and down in front of him), clap, wave hi and goodbye, kiss your lips, blow kisses, give hugs, shake his head, stinky breath (he opens his mouth big and wide and breathe out), let you smell his hand (he covers your nose with his hand), pray (he folds his arms), fish lips, give out high fives.

His favorite show: Baby Signing Time and Barney (he's only allowed to watch a show for 10 minutes everyday when mommy is doing computer stuff and when we cut his nails).

His favorite songs (Songs that make him dance every time he hears them): Yo-Yo Ma's Prelude from Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major BMV 1007, Enya's Orinoco Flow, Mindy Gledhill's California, and Bruno Mars' Just the Way You Are.

His favorite books (It's very obvious what his favorite books are because he picks these books out from a whole pile of books and flips through each of them on his own a few times a day or brings them to me so that I can read them to him.): Where is Baby's Belly Button?, Look, Look!, I Love You Through and Through, Rabbit's Nap, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?, Colors, and Strawberries are Red.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment