Friday, September 14, 2012

A Three Hour Nap


I read a quote once about how there's nothing closer to heaven than having a little boy fall asleep next to you.  In my humble opinion, lots of other moments in life come closer to heaven than a sleeping baby boy; giving birth to one would be a good example.  However, it is a sweet sight to see a little boy, who just a few minutes ago was running wild and bouncing on the bed to the tune of Star Wars, drift off to sleep laying right next to you.  I love watching my baby sleep.  Sometimes he wakes up happy and that moment when his chubby little face turns from drowsiness to a great big smile as soon as he lays eyes on you comes pretty close to a perfect mom moment.  Right then, I could feel something like heaven nearby.  Yes, pretty close.  Pretty darn close.

No comments:

Post a Comment