Monday, July 9, 2012

Standing Sleeping Baby

Sleep training is the worst part of motherhood.  It is for me anyway.  Poor little Ethan...  We've been sleep training him, again.  I hate hate absolutely hate sleep training.  It pains so much me to hear my baby cries and yet I am not allowed to do anything to comfort him.  The Chinese have a saying that goes something like this: soft mommies make unsuccessful sons.  They are harsh words but I can't deny the truthfulness in them.  I'm not a tiger mommy but I do believe that sometimes you have to be firm.  So here are a few screen shots from our baby monitor tonight.  Ethan was holding on to the railing crying until he fell asleep standing up.  It's the saddest thing ever but maybe in twenty years I'll be able to laugh about it.



He woke up from swaying too much in the standing position so he crawled to the other side of the crib, cried for a couple of minutes and then fell asleep standing up again.


After an hour of crying, he finally fell asleep sitting down curled up like a ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment