Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Different Kind of Love


It didn't take long for me to realize that Jake and I love Ethan differently.  So different, in fact, that when Ethan was first born I mistook his love for our new son as indifference, which led to pointless heartbreak.  Thankfully, I was wrong.  I was wrong, wrong, wrong, and wronger I couldn't have been. I love Ethan by giving him kisses shower, by admiring his elbow dimples and fat toes and that unruly blond hair, by taking one million instagram photos of him, and by constantly proclaiming his unbearable cuteness.  Jake loves Ethan with quiet observation, with a firm hug, with those three feet throws or four feet drops, and with his famous Simba lift.  There is no sweeter moments than watching the man you love snuggle your giggly baby and seeing the joy that radiates from both of their faces.  








1 comment:

  1. So cute!...so true....that is why a baby needs a mommy AND a daddy!

    ReplyDelete