Sunday, July 8, 2012

Downton Abbey

Photo from itv.com

We don't watch television in our house.  We do have a TV but it's not even plugged in to the wall: it's used for the occasional movie.  I don't have anything against TV but I never had time to watch it when I was in college and I never picked it up again so it just turned into a habit and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

But then...

My sister-in-law introduced me to Downton Abbey when I was pregnant and there is no going back.  I can't pinpoint the exact reason that I love the show so much, but perhaps it's the house, or the era.  Or maybe it's the people and their relationships, or the costumes and the accents.  In truth, it's probably all of the above.  The bottom line is that I'm hooked.  I might have forced encouraged Jake to watch it with me and now I think he is interested in what season three holds even if he refuses to admit it.  Last week I also got my mom addicted while she was visiting.  She watched both seasons in less than a week.  You go, mother!

The really crazy and exciting thing is that I saw advertisements for the show all over the city when I was in Hong Kong last Christmas.  I'm not sure--maybe it has already been shown on TV there but if you still have a chance all my fellow Hongkongers, watch it and you can start calling me m'lady when you come visit me at my house.

1 comment: