Thursday, July 19, 2012

One of Those Days


Today was one of those days.  I dutifully changed both Ethan and me out of our pajamas after we woke up at the crack of dawn, only to find ourselves in fresh, new sets of jammies.  Being woken up by a cramping belly instead of a cooing baby was a sign of a pajamas-only day.  It was the right decision.  All day long I have been suffering from these horrible aching cramps.  Luckily, I had my mini prince charming right next to me giving me hugs and kisses and love, making me laugh, and keeping me company.  He made me feel a whole lot better.  I guess the ibuprofen helped lift my spirits as well but the mini is to be thanked.  He did, however, demand that I drag myself out of bed and fill his already-protruding belly.  So I fixed him something.  Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure 80% of what he ate today was the color orange.  Carrots, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, mandarin oranges, cheddar cheese, blueberries, peaches, goldfish, Chinese dumplings, tomato soup, and rice.  Wouldn't it be fun to do a rainbow week where you only eat one color from the rainbow each day in the week.  You would probably starve on blue day.  And purple.  I sincerely hope that E doesn't turn orange in his sleep tonight.  That would be tragic--too severe a punishment for a mother's cramp-induced negligence.





1 comment:

  1. all that teeth is making him look so much older! ahh. Claire, he's growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete