Thursday, July 12, 2012

Salmon with Honey Mustard Glaze



I have been making this recipe ever since Jake and I were married almost four years ago.  It was a recipe I got from my cooking class.  Per my father's request, I took one just-for-fun class (almost) every semester at college and it was one of the best decisions I ever made in those school years.  Sure I thought Price Theory was fun but it's different when you're holding a whisk in hand in a classroom :)

Without further ado, let me tell you about this recipe: we love it.  Make it.  You won't regret it.  The end.

{ Salmon with Honey Mustard Glaze }
From BYU Cooking Class

1 lb. salmon filet

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon margarine, melted
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed

Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl.  Place salmon skin side down in a shallow baking dish.  Pour marinade over salmon.  Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Set oven to broil.  Remove salmon from marinade.  Reserve marinade.  Place salmon in broiler pan.  Broil with top 4-6 inches from heat for 10-15 minutes, brushing with marinade every few minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.  Discard remaining marinade.



No comments:

Post a Comment