Thursday, July 5, 2012

In Withdrawal




I'm in withdrawal.  Of my sweet mom.  She came to visit after Leah's wedding and we had too much fun.  The house is so insufferably empty and lonely without her.  I'm sure Ethan would agree if he could only talk.  My favorite thing about having my mom here is that she has immense faith in Ethan and what he's capable of.  When she feeds Ethan, he eats a cow.  Seriously, I never knew my little baby has a bottomless stomach until my mother's arrival.  Her insistence and patience are now my aspirations.  Also, she thought the way Ethan was picking up his food (with his whole hand) was too clumsy so she started showing him how to pick food up with just his thumb and forefinger.  At first I thought it was a lost cause but lo and behold the child only uses those two fingers now when he eats.  She is amazing and we are missing her so so much.












1 comment:

  1. Oh, such a special time for you and your mom....she will be terribly missed!!

    ReplyDelete