Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm Going Bonkers

Please ignore the PDA in the picture above.
We're all about playing footsie while we read.

Just a little bit.  It's the heat.  You see, it's so hot here I gave up long ago asking what the temperature is when I wake up.  Like Jake said, it really doesn't matter when it's above 100 degrees: it's just HOT.  I'm running out of ideas what to do with the mini during the day.  Google isn't very helpful, either.  When I search What to do with kids in Phoenix, 90% of the results are outdoorsy.  And malls are out of the question.  It's not that I can't take it, it's just that the credit card has been seeing too much light lately when we "go for a walk" at the mall everyday.  It's best to keep it in the dark where it's safe if you know what I mean.  So all ye mommies out there who live in hot places: what do you do with your little ones?

On another note, I started reading actual non-baby-related books again these past few days which makes me so happy.  I don't know how I had stopped reading after Ethan was born.  Looking back, I should've given up eating instead.

I hope you have a happy weekend!  We're planning on staying indoors :)

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in Vegas and therefore lived in a pool. They had this awesome water park back in the day. Do you have any parks with splash areas? I'm sure E would like it. On another note, when J and I visited Vegas in June, we did everything before 10a (I can handle dry 90-95 deg) and just stayed inside and played games. It's funny that you mention the mall. That's a go-to place for relief in my mind and here in Palo Alto, the mall is outdoors = giant relief fail on the days where it's hot here.

    ReplyDelete