Sunday, July 22, 2012

No-brainer Dress



I gave a talk at church today.  It was more like I barfed it out.  I did a horrible job...  But people in our ward are all super nice--they risked their salvation to make me feel better by lying and saying that I did a good job.  The biggest liar of them all is my very own husband Jake.  He has gotten so good at lying over the years, always telling me that I look cute even when I am in my most unattractive hoodie and sweats with hair looking like the former abode of some really messy birds, that I was almost convinced that I really did a good job.

Anyway, let us move on.  Shall we?

I knew that I would have no time for the usual Sunday routine (which is where I try on about a dozen outfits before settling on the winning contestant to wear to church) what with the talk and nursery lesson and all; so when I was laying in bed thinking about it last night I decided to wear one of my no-brainer dresses.  I love no-brainer dresses.  I wish that my closet was crammed full with them but they are not easy to come by.  They need to be low-maintenance (absolutely no ironing or for heaven's sake dry cleaning required), modest (the most I will have to wear is a wonder tee with it), and cute.  An extra bonus would be that I could nurse in it as well.  When I chance upon a no-brainer dress, I do my wiggly-hop-hop dance.  It's pretty intense.  This dress fulfills all the requirements and it was a pretty great day when I snatched it off of a rack at Nordstrom :)

p.s. The dress looks shorter in the pictures than it is in real life.  The wicked wind not only blew the dress a few inches up, it also made my hip looks like a giant pumpkin.  Thanks a million!  Humph!

2 comments:

  1. No sugar-coating here... your talk was perfect! I loved it. :) Oh... and I loved your dress. I meant to say something in nursery, but my child was being all high drama. I need more no-brainer dresses in my closet! Hard to come by when you're pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! I know your pain when it comes to finding cute clothes for the pregnant belly but you look cute every Sunday!

    ReplyDelete