Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight


Not long after I posted my two cents on the Nook Simple Touch (old Nook) on this blog and proclaimed how much I love it, the hubby surprised me with an upgrade: the Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight (new Nook).  I've been using it for two whole months now and I'm absolutely head-over-heals heart-throbbingly in love.

The new Nook possesses everything I love about the old Nook and more.  First and foremost, they changed the on/off button in the back and man it's a million times better!  Thank you Barnes and Noble because that old button was, simply put, total garbage and it was starting to drive me up the wall.  Next, I love the glow light.  It makes reading so much easier when everyone else is sleeping!  The battery life is still awesome.  I don't need to charge it any more often than the Nook Simple Touch.  What I usually do is to let it charge when I put new books on the device and the new Nook has been holding up just fine in between charges.

When I compared the two devices side by side, I did notice that the text on the old Nook looks a little darker and have more "pop", but the new Nook still looks awesome.  One thing I wish Barnes and Noble would do differently is the "software" on the device.  I wish that you could organize your bookshelf better by putting them in different "folders".  Maybe there is a way and I just don't know about it?

The bottom line is that I love my Nook with GlowLight and I would recommend it to any devoted book reader.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I need to get one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! If anyone deserves a good ereader, it is you!

      Delete