Thursday, October 4, 2012

Favorite Fall Nail Colors

Wouldn't it be fun if I shared with you my favorite nail colors for Fall?  I think it would...

I've given up painting my fingernails since Ethan was born because it's just not worth all the time when you know that they're going to look horrible with chips on day three.  I just can't stop it from happening when I'm chasing a one year old around, picking up legos all day long and what not.  BUT.  It's an entirely different story when it comes to toes because they last for days and sometimes weeks (If you squint just right, that gap at the base of my nails could be almost unnoticeable)!  So I indulge myself every now and then and make my toes pretty.


And some of my favorite colors for Fall are...

Revlon Perplex.  I'm not too crazy about this color when it's on my fingernails.  It's just a little too much for my personality, but I love it on my toes.  The formula is good.  It doen't streak.  You know they say this is a dupe for Chanel's Paradoxal ;)

Essie Case Study.  Here is a link for better color reference.  I love Essie polishes.  This is a pretty nude color.  I personally think that nude nails are very pretty and, if you don't mind some PG-13 vocabulary, sexy.  Some Essie polishes are very streaky but this one applies smooth and creamy.  I like this a whole lot.

Butter London Mariner.  This is another color I will only put on my toes.  It's a very dark teal-navy blue.  The teal is most noticeable on the first coat of application.

OPI Tickle My France-y.  Oh my gosh I don't think I could ever love another nail polish like I love Tickle My France-y.  Who would've guessed that any human being could have such strong feelings toward a nail polish!  If I could only wear one nail color for the rest of my life, it would be this or Essie's Demure Vix.  I would probably still pick Tickle My France-y just because Demure Vix is iridescent.  Tickle My France-y is a beautiful nude-ish color with a hint of purple to it.  It's very wearable.  I wear it any time of the year, all the time.

OPI Ski Teal We Drop.  A lovely teal color.  Perfect for Fall and Winter.

OPI You Don't Know Jacques!  This is a taupe-gray color with a slight plum undertone to it.  It's very pretty on the nails both fingers and toes.

And I can't forget to mention my favorite top coat while we're at it.  Seche Vite's Dry Fast top coat is my very favorite top coat out of all the ones I've tried.  This makes my nails very shiny and I've never noticed it chipping with the coat of nail lacquer underneath it like some of my other top coats have done.


1 comment: