Monday, October 15, 2012

He Still Hates Grass


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a good weekend.  We went to the park this weekend.  It was a beautiful day with actual cool breezes and we decided to go out and absorb as much awesome weather as we could.  I decided to put Ethan on the grass at the park for a few photos and, don't let the above picture fool you, he still hasn't gotten over his distaste toward grass.  Because I feel like reminiscing, and also for the sake of our readers who weren't following our private blog before this blog existed, below is a picture of E touching grass for the first time.  He was five months old.  


And this is what the thirteen-month-old Ethan did when I first put him down:


I believe he was trying to minimize his contact with the grass.



Every square-inch matters!

And then I reminded him that he could stand up 
so that his legs wouldn't have to touch the grass.
I think he thought it a good idea because he immediately tried standing up.
But he refused to push himself up like he usually does
because ahh! there's grass shooting up from the ground!
So this is what it looks like 
when the thirteen-month-old Ethan tried to stand up without pushing onto the ground with his hands:


Uuup!
Uuuuuuuup!
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

I was laughing so hard at this point I was sure everyone at the park was staring at me.


Here he's thinking please don't touch me, grass.

And here he is trying to stand up a second time:


Don't they say third time's a charm?


And I'm not even sure what caption I should put for this photo but he sure looks cute:


He then decided that something must be funny because mommy was laughing so hard.






At last he must have figured out that the sacrifice had to be made 
so he put his little hands on the ground and pushed himself up.



Yay!







I hope these pictures brought a smile to your face tonight :)
And have a very happy Tuesday tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous documentation of this!! I think he has a cousin in California that has the same dislike....!

    ReplyDelete