Thursday, October 11, 2012

Like Father Like Son

I know a guy and he's a catch but he's married to me so that's too bad for you unless you're his employer.  A while ago Jake was sent on a business trip far away (think 16+ hours plane ride).  He booked an economy flight knowing full well that he could've gotten a business seat.  Afterwards, his boss asked him if he had bought a business ticket and said to him "I would if I were you."  And I, being concerned about his comfort, asked him why the heck did he not book business class and to this he replied "I want to save money for the company."  Where do you find such an honest employee, I ask you.  You might think him a fool but I am glad to have married such a man.  Guys like him are pretty hard to come by these days I'd say.

On the side note, I'm sure you're aware what a nerd my husband is.  He got a Leatherman when we were first married and carried it everywhere with him.  Think Dwight.  Sigh...  It's kind of annoying but I have to admit that it does come in handy sometimes.  Think pregnant me trying desperately to get into a bag of chips.  Anyway, it was time for an upgrade and the day the new Leatherman came in the mail, the mini was thrilled.  I think he was hoping for a hand-me-down?  No such luck.  Sorry baby.  Maybe mommy will let you carry a knife on your belt when you turn thirty if you so choose to be a nerd.


No comments:

Post a Comment