Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apple Crisp


I don't think I've ever been this excited for Fall my whole life.  Moving to Arizona really adds another point of view when it comes to this whole weather thing. All my life I'd always thought that weather talk is only appropriate when you're standing in line for the cashier, but ever since we moved here I've noticed myself commenting on the temperature constantly!  Especially when the temp drops from the 110s to the 100s, I can't stop myself from pointing it out to my husband again and again how nice and cool it feels!

Anyway...

Janssen from one of my favorite blogs Everyday Reading is asking her readers to share their favorite Fall recipes.  It only took me about 0.0008 seconds to choose which recipe to share.  I call this my lazy or "alternative" apple pie recipe.  It's so easy and quick to make, but those are not its most worthy  attributes.  You'll know what I mean when you have your first bite of this warm and bubbly apple crisp...

{ Apple Crisp }
From allrecipes.com

10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup water

1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
Place the sliced apples in a 9 by 13. Mix the white sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.  Mix well with a fork.
Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together.  Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and topping turns a golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I love apple crisp so much. Definitely will have to give this one a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, apple crisp is one of my favorite desserts, especially if it has a delicious crumble on top!

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete