Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Ethan: { Nine Months }





Dearest Ethan,

I can't believe that I've known you for only a little over nine months; it seems as though I've known you forever.  How could this be?  I do not know, but perhaps I'm feeling this way because I have loved you for a long long time.

You are the sweetest baby ever born, always so kind and sensitive.  You love kids and babies.  Whenever you see a child, you always lean your little body toward them and babble or wave to try to get their attention.  I have no doubt that you're going to be a great big brother someday.  You've learned how to give big wet kisses on demand.  We call them lion kisses: you open your mouth so so big and then chomp down on my lips.  You've also learned how to scrunch up your nose whenever I ask you to do a funny face.  You are so cute I die several times everyday.

Your eighth tooth came in last week and you've been acting really sensitive today.  I suspect that more teeth are on their way.  Your little body is getting so strong.  You stand up with almost no effort at all.  Sometimes you think that you can stand without holding onto anything.  I'm sure you will be able to do it very soon now.

Ethan, mama wishes that you could remember your days with me right now--we have so much fun together.  You continue to motivate me to become a better person.  Thank you for making me so happy.  If you could learn only one thing about your mama, please know that I love you and your baba very much.

Love always,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment