Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bowtie and Asparagus in Cream Sauce




It has been a while since I posted a recipe hasn't it?  Well, it's been a while since I worked in my own kitchen!  Just thinking about this pasta makes my belly growl.  It was so good.  How can it not be yummy with a whole stick of butter in the sauce?  Instead of chicken bouillon cubes, I used my Chinese chicken powder and it was just fine.  I also threw in a bag of cooked crumbled bacon I grabbed at the store instead of cooking my own bacon.  Do I sound like a lazy cook or what?  I preferred to be called efficient or labor-saving thank you very much.

{ Bowtie and Asparagus in Cream Sauce }


1 package bow tie pasta
1/2 cup real butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 pint heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
10-15 spears asparagus, blanched
1/2 cup bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup toasted pinenuts
Parsley, to taste
Parmesan cheese, to taste

Boil bow tie pasta in salted water until al dente.
In a heavy skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and sauté for a minute or so.
Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cubes. When the bouillon cubes are dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, parsley & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment