Friday, April 27, 2012

Time to Show Off


It's time to show off some rolls.  Everywhere we go people tell me how big my baby is.  After all, his head was in the one hundredth percentile when he was born.  People say things like "You've got a big boy there!" or "What a chubby baby!" or "Look at those ROLLLLLS!!!"  Whenever I hear those words, I can't help but feel proud.  I am so proud of my baby boy.  I am so proud of his strong and healthy body.  I remember very vividly the moment the doctor with the thin face told me apathetically that the risk of my unborn baby having down syndrome had been changed from one in a hundred thousand to one in sixty-six thousand six hundred and sixty seven.  Thirty percent.  It was thirty percent more likely.  Scared would be a good word to describe my feelings that day but I had decided right there and then that I was going to love this baby no matter what.  Every ounce on that chubby baby boy comes not only from calories, but also from prayers, faith, and love.

Ethan having a blast at the pool with Grandma J.









No comments:

Post a Comment