Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie Crumble



"My husband said that this was the best {insert food category} he has ever had!"  That gets me every time.  Whenever I read that on a food blog or in a review, I have to make the recipe.  I can't help it.  Perhaps it's because I want my husband to enjoy what I make; or perhaps it's because I think husbands are trustworthy food critics.  I don't know which one it is but it has served me well so far.  This recipe is no exception--it was a food blogger's husband's favorite chicken pot pie.

Jake loves chicken pot pies.  I love them too but all the work that I have to put into making them cancels out the love that I have for them.  I still make them though just to make Jake happy.  But if you're anything like me who think that chicken pot pies are a lot of work, then you'll curse me for ever introducing the chicken pot pie crumble into your life.  But it is oh so good.  The parmesan in the topping is what sets this dish apart from your ordinary chicken pot pie.  It steps it up just a little bit.

And here is where I got the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely I will try out this recipe one of these days ! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete