Friday, April 13, 2012

San Diego Zoo and Little Italy

This is going to be the very last post about our road trip I promise.  The San Diego Zoo was very fun.  We saw tons of cool animals!  Did you know that they let visitors feed their giraffes?  I was thiiiiiiiiiis close to getting in line but we decided not to in the end.  Somehow I wasn't crazy about the idea of being licked by an animal with a big, long, black tongue.  Ethan wasn't too interested in the animals but he was very well behaved.  It was probably because of the large amount of cereal puffs he consumed.

Ethan consulting the map.  Upside down.




We love giant pandas!

I spy an elephant scalp.

Ethan's forehead and me.

Ethan's forehead and me.  Take two.
After the zoo, we went to Little Italy.  Jake found a restaurant with really good reviews on Yelp so The Bencotto Italian Kitchen we went.  I didn't want to go in though when we got there because the place had "No Babies" written all over it, in Italian no less, but Jake had a tremendous amount of faith in Ethan plus he really wanted his gnocchi so I let him talk me into going in.  I was so glad he did!  It was simply yummylicious!





And of course, Ethan was his normal perfect self throughout the whole meal.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know....even when your kids are 14 or 15, they can't remember that you took them places! Good to have pictures!!

    ReplyDelete