Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Newest Christmas Tradition


A few months before Christmas, Jake was telling me how he thought that we should create more Christmas traditions for our little family.  He said that when he was a kid he slept under the tree on Christmas eve.  I thought it was the cutest idea ever (even though I think it might make things challenging for "Santa" to put presents under the tree in the future when our kids are a little more grown up) so we decided that we would adopt it into our list of family Christmas traditions.  But on Christmas day when we Facetimed with Jake's parents, his mom asked us why we had an aero bed right next to the tree.  I proudly told her that we're continuing the Hunt family tradition of sleeping under the tree.  She had no clue what I was talking about.  It turns out that Jake's dad and little brother couldn't remember ever sleeping under the tree either.  Busted!  I wouldn't want to call Jake a liar; maybe he really did sleep under the tree...  in another lifetime.  Either way, we're keeping this tradition.

1 comment:

  1. He did this....but I think he did it alone!!! So sad! But I know a lot of people who do this, so go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete