Thursday, August 16, 2012

In Case Our Roof Collapses Tonight

Originally, I wasn't going to blog tonight.

And then it started raining and I thought I had already taken a break yesterday.  I should really write something! so I was going to write the following:

Massive headache.  Going to bed.

What an awesome blogger I am.  The above sentence wouldn't even have been worth all the trouble you've taken to type in my blog address and to come to my blog.

But then Jake came into the room and exclaimed "Oh my gosh!"

I said "What?"

"It's leaking!"  He was staring at the ceiling while he said it.

It's leaking.  It's raining cats and dogs outside and our roof is leaking.

If our roof caves in and we die tonight, please know that I love you Mom and Dad and Leah and Charming.  Leah can have my wedding ring, all my jewelry, and that really pretty green dress I just bought in Hong Kong.  Other than that, we really don't have too many worldly possessions.

But if we live, I will blog again tomorrow night.  And maybe I'll let Leah borrow my green dress.

I think I have a fever...

Goodnight, gorilla.




5 comments:

  1. What happened after that night? I think you should check your roof every once in a while, so that you can avoid problems like that from occurring. It would be bad if your roof really collapse. I hope you were all well after the rain, and that it only caused you minor problems with the leaks. Anyway, do you immediately get the roof fixed? Leaving it unattended can certainly create more problems for occurring.


    Brendan Gertner

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come your roof started leaking all of a sudden? Did it rain during the previous days? It would be advisable to check the roof. That way, you can spot if there is a problem with it early on. And you can repair the minor problems, or call in an expert so that the roof would get fixed quickly.



    @Maricela Milum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m a bit curious, too, about what happened after that night. But I hope that your roof did not give in! Roof leaks are definitely not a good sign for homeowners. There may be more problems lurking behind that would lead to more serious roof issues, or worse, cause the roof to give in. Hope that you were able to solve your roof problems, so you can have hassle-free nights without leaks and roof woes. [Neil Hirsh]

    ReplyDelete
  4. A leaky roof is really a pain in the neck! You should repair your roof now or as soon as the weather gets better. Don’t wait til’ the situation gets worse. Is your roof really that badly damaged? Why did you let it reach the point that you even thought that it was collapsing? If it’s really that bad, then repairs won’t do it any good, you have to replace it with a new and better one.

    -Saundra Wordlaw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story was certainly unfortunate. Why did the roof suddenly start leaking in the first place? Like what the other said here, it would be a smart and practical idea to check the roof every once in a while. It can help you avoid problems like that happening again, and at the same time, you save a lot of money in the long run instead of repairing it over and over again. Anyway, that was a scary night for all of you. I hope that it won’t happen again, ever!


    @Kristopher Diss

    ReplyDelete