Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Phoenix Open


Golfing was never my thing; it was a miracle that I never hit anyone's head with the club or, worse yet, fling it into the fake volcano and the hideous windmill when we used to go mini golfing on dates before the bug was born.  But watching professionals golf is a completely different ball game.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Phoenix open on Monday.  It had finally stopped raining after almost three days of downpour and it was simply beautiful on the course.

The most scandalous event of the day was when we were waiting for our car at the valet, a server offered me a drink that was "high in vitamins and minerals".  The drink tasted like orange soda and man was it good.  Now let me just tell you that I rarely drink soda (maybe half a dozen times a year), and I don't drink caffeinated soda.  After consuming 10% of the drink the lady offered me, I was speaking 50% faster and my voice was one whole octave higher.  Then six o'clock hit and I suddenly felt as tired as an eight-week pregnant lady.  And man, the headache!  The headache!!  I vow here and now to never ever consume any "high in vitamin and mineral" drinks.













No comments:

Post a Comment