Monday, January 7, 2013

An Accidental Prank

I pulled my first and worst prank ever last week without really meaning to.  Remember how I was sick last week?  Well, I was getting ready for bed one night and while I was changing out of my daytime pajamas into my nighttime pajamas, I looked down at my legs and to my horror found that they had turned a blueish purple.  How did that happen?  For a split second I thought that my sickness had somehow taken a dive and turned into something horrible but then I saw that my slippers had turned a bluish purple too!  It didn't take me long to realize that it was because of the the new leggings I wore underneath my sweats.  They bled.  The new leggings were purchased by my mom.  She got both Leah and me some.  So I took a picture of my legs and sent it to both my mom and Leah.  To my mom, with the intention of tricking her to think that I have somehow froze my legs in AZ; to Leah, with the intention of warning her so that she doesn't get the same bluish purple legs.  I didn't even think about tricking Leah because I knew she would be hard to fool with her medical background and all so I just sent her the picture.

I cropped the original image to minimize skin exposure.
To my absolute delight, my mom believed me.  She was so worried about my legs she sent me a string of texts instructing me exactly what to do to warm them back up.  I was feeling pretty good about the joke that I pulled on her so I told her the truth soon after.  We both had a good laugh.  Leah never texted me back that night so I went to bed early with a stuffed nose without thinking too much of it.

When I woke up in the morning, I found several missed calls from Leah and a few texts from both her and my mom.  Apparently Leah didn't get my text until late that night.  After looking at the picture with no explanation, she thought that I had dislocated my knees.  She FREAKED OUT.  Since she couldn't get me or Jake on the phone, she called my mom.  My mom said that Leah was already crying when she answered.  Poor Leah let her imagination run wild.  She first thought that maybe I had fell and hurt my knees and when I didn't answer my phone she thought I had gotten abducted.  I have no idea how she went from dislocated knees to abduction but one thing I do know is that my sister loves me.



During the aftermath, Leah went into a very logical explanation as to why she thought my knees were dislocated.  Her husband, who is also pre-med, agreed that my knees looked deformed.  The final diagnosis: Congenital Ugly Knee Syndrome.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment