Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bah-baye Mama




I had always been the one to put Ethan to bed ever since he was born until about a month ago when we decided it was time to stop co-sleeping with the bug.  Jake is the one who puts him to bed now.  When we first started changing things up, E screamed and kicked and cried at the top of his lungs when daddy came pulling him away from mommy, but he doesn't do that anymore.  He willingly went to daddy after snuggling with me on the couch, waved to me while he said "bah baye", blew me a kiss, and that's it.  I watched Jake carry him into his nursery.  There was no screaming, no kicking, no crying.  I should be happy, and I am glad that he's not sad, but there was an ache in my chest.  I feel like he doesn't need me the way he used to need me anymore and that makes me just a little bit sad.  I'm sure I'm just walking along the road of young motherhood like so many have walked before me.  It's sometimes good to know that I'm not alone in this, that my mom, my mom's mom, and so many other moms out there have all felt what I'm feeling tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment