Sunday, March 3, 2013

Half Birthday Party


Half birthdays are a fun tradition that I hope to introduce into our family because I remember how painfully loooooooooooong a whole year was as a child.  I wanted a super simple and small half birthday party for the boy this year, and it so happens that my new best friend has a baby girl whose birthday is really close to Ethan's so we decided to celebrate together.  I had tons of fun preparing for the party, but it wouldn't have been nearly as good without my friend and her daughter's help.  My friend is a really talented seamstress; she designed and made a customized half-birthday bib for Ethan.  It was seriously SO adorable.  She has an Etsy shop but I'll have to ask her permission before I share her shop with you guys.  As for her daughter, she is a cupcake master.  You'll see how good she is in the pictures below.

I know that Ethan isn't going to remember a thing from the party but that's where I come in, right?  A mother is also a memory keeper, and I intend to excel in that job by documentary my son's life with pictures and words.

It was a busy, fun, and tiring day and it ended with a tub of pink bath water that was a little gross but also made me happy.  Happy one and a half years old handsome boy.



















2 comments:

  1. Very cute! The food looked amazing. Can't wait to see the little guy (and you of course) this week.

    ReplyDelete